Friday, October 17, 2014

Ryan lies to his own mom and aunt in new ad about Social Security and Medicare.

In Paul Ryan's latest ad, he tells his mom and aunt how great Social Security and Medicare is, but skips how he intends to change the programs. Does he tell his mom on camera that he'll privatize the programs for those willing to gamble on the changes? Not directly in the ad. You'll notice the details are only included in a voiced over section edited into the middle.

I really don't think she knows:

4 comments:

  1. Man I would love to have complete ownership of my SS payments with no guarantee from the government. I would have such a better retirement outlook then what I haven now. Instead I get to throw away 13% of my income (self employed so I get to pay both parts) and then try to save for myself from what is left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you happened to have looked at the stock market the last 3 weeks? Give me the guarantee and the security of SS any day.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you. I would love to have every conservative like you out there on your own, owning your investment win or lose. No bailouts, you sink, swim, die. It would your call. Same for health care, like Medicare. No help.

    Unfortunately, I don't think I could ignore you or your struggling family, and would come to your rescue anyway. That's the problem, and why we have to tolerate your irrational and irresponsible behavior. You're a loser, not a self made independent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake - I have seen the stock market and it is a great time to keep buying. I am young enough that the up and down fluctuations from day to day don't bother me at all. Look at the historic performance of the market and tell me how I would be standing today if I had invested 100% of my SS taxes in the market for the last 20 years (I am 40 years old). Of course as I near retirement, I would adjust my investments to less volatile options and still beat the return offered by SS.

    ReplyDelete